Sequoia Home Health & Hospice
San Jose, CA
Salary: $20 - $28 an hour
Full-Time schedule: Monday - Friday (8am-5pm)
It's an exciting time to be a part of Sequoia. They're growing and looking to add to their already amazing team. They are looking for an LVN Intake Coordinator who will come in and embrace their culture of operational excellence and devoted teamwork. Company's website: https://www.sequoiahhh.com
- home health or hospice: 1 year (Preferred)
- intake coordination: 1 year (Preferred)
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Reviewing all incoming cases for clinical appropriateness
- Generates and submits clinical reports for community partnership meetings.
- Directs all daily patient referral and intake operations including providing direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of intake policies.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal, and Joint Commission referral/intake regulatory requirements.
- Directs the implementation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure patients are admitted in accordance with policy.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with current and potential referral sources.
- Ensures seamless transition of patients to home care by providing direct oversight of patient education and preparation for home care, plan of care initiation, and coordination of care with multiple service providers.
- Ensures maximum third party reimbursement through direct oversight of insurance verification and authorization processes.
- Negotiates service pricing with insurance Case Managers and other payers within established financial and credit parameters.
- Assists the Executive Director/Administrator in the preparation of an annual budget for the intake department and monitors allocation of resources according to budgetary limitations.
- Builds and monitors community and customer perceptions of Sequoia Home Health and Hospice as a high quality provider of services.
- Gathers, collates, and reports referral statistics including key customer referral trends.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of Hospice Home Health and Hospice contractual relationships and ensures that patients are admitted according to contract provisions.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Sequoia Home Health & Hospice
- Other tasks include data entry, facilitating a daily intake stand up meeting, and managing the patient intake process, including communicating directly with patients and families
Ratings are not for public view, and are only shown to employers when a job seeker is matched to a job. Raters cannot see your ratings from others. Job seekers see ratings in aggregate without knowing how an individual rated them. Raters can be blocked and you may opt out at any time.