We are a solo, Manhattan pediatric private practice seeking an experienced Front Desk Receptionist/Medical Office Assistant.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, self-starter with knowledge of insurances, guidelines, experience working with EMR's; knowledge of medical coding and billing, familiarity with the Vaccines for Children program. Big plus if you have pediatric office work experience.
SCROLL DOWN TO APPLY BELOW! You may learn more about us on our company website, but please do not call our office regarding job applications.
- Greeting patients and families, registering patients for visits, handling multiple phone lines
- Entering and updating patient demographic and insurance information, collecting co-pays, deductibles and balances owed
- Scheduling appointments, verifying insurance eligibility, obtaining prior approvals
- Maintaining inventory, ordering supplies, liaising with vendors
- Maintaining patient confidentiality, observing HIPAA laws
- Performing basic vital signs (i.e. weight, height, blood pressure) and recording data into the electronic medical record, assisting the doctor with medical tasks as appropriate. Experience with blood drawing (venipuncture, heel and finger sticks) desired
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Processing payments
- Medical office experience or education
- Front Desk/Medical Office Assistant experience is a plus
- High school/GED or higher
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills and a desire to work with children and families