Extendable contract offered by HR Partner (Metabyte)
Samsung SDS is looking to add a Shipping and Receiving Clerk to oversee and facilitate the operations of their warehouse based in Plano, TX! You will effectively monitor and manage the shipment processes.
As a Shipping and Receiving Clerk, you will manage relationships with carriers and monitor delivery schedules from the warehouse. This role is a critical support function and plays a key role in driving growth through effective execution.
Please note that this employer requires all applicants for on-site roles to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
Responsibilities for Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- Monitor and manage the drayage process of shipment movement
- Search plan B drayage carriers
- Share with daily container delivery schedules with drayage carriers
- Analyze, create, edit, track and trace select LSPs such as drayage carriers, rail companies, rail terminals
- Monitor and drive improvement to customer service goals including on-time delivery, product lead-times, and request-for-quote responsiveness
- Report monthly on Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) for drayage deliveries
- Document corrective actions and improvement plans
Requirements for Shipping and Receiving Clerk
- 2+ years of transportation or supply chain logistics experience
- Strong understanding of international transportation (especially ocean shipping) / forwarding industry
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite: Excel, PP, Word
- Excellent project and people management skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Able to travel up to 20% in domestic and international